At Diemen Pepper™ we:
- supply commercial quantities of high quality Tasmanian pepperleaf and pepperberry products for the Australian native food, dietary supplement and flavour extract industries.
- partner with a network of Tasmanian landholders and licensed collectors to gather berries and leaf, taking care not to damage the trees and to protect the environment, allowing us to guarantee supply each year.
- are continually refining our collection, drying, cleaning and milling to produce a consistent, first grade product on a year-round basis.
- maintain trials of selected plant material, with the long term aim of introducing mechanised pruning and harvest systems.
- support research projects in nutritional and health benefits research, personal care applications, agronomy and production technology, food technology and recipe development.
Chris Read: Has worked for many years in the areas of essential oils and floriculture, as researcher, technical adviser and practitioner. He currently operates a mixed horticultural enterprise on his coastal property, ‘Five Bob’, near Hobart in southern Tasmania, producing cut flowers (Dutch iris) Boronia Extract and pepper products. The farm hosts a public sculpture trail and forest walk, under the management of 'Art Farm Birchs Bay'.
phone: +61 (0) 407 781 600